Friday, June 8, 2007

New Friends and Zoo Friends

As I mentioned in my last post, Mommy and Daddy finally discovered Chapultepec Park last weekend when Dada was here. Of course they had known that it existed, but never realized how cool it was until then. One of the things Mommy was looking most forward to was taking me to the zoo there, but by the time we found our way through the huge park last week, it was closed.

So, yesterday Mommy and I finally went to the zoo with my new friends Remi, Sophia and Julien and their mommies (and uncle). Below you can see a picture of all of us as we were about to leave – the excitement of the morning left Sophia exhausted and she completely passed out in her stroller. I, myself, was very well behaved all morning, if I do say so myself. (I hate to admit it, but I have been a bit of a terror lately: whining, yelling really loudly for attention, and breaking into bursts of crying hysteria out of the blue. Mommy says that it is a combination of the Terrible Two’s starting (whatever they are) and me getting my molars. I get the feeling that she needs to rationalize my behavior this way so that she can maintain some sanity).

Inside the zoo, we saw so many different types of animals, including lions, bears, hippos, seals, penguins and of course elephants and giraffes, my two favorite animals. After seeing all the animals, the mommies decided to stop and eat something before heading out, since it was lunch time and the walk out of the zoo takes twenty minutes. While Remi’s mommy ate a semi-sensible lunch of chicken tortillas because she wants to lose weight for her cousin’s wedding in a few weeks, my mommy ate a medium-sized cup of Oreo Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream. I heard her mumble something about starting her diet tomorrow, whatever that means. The good news for me, though, was that I had my first taste ever (or so Mommy thinks) of ice cream!

No comments: